â–¶ Prepare an Alternative Corporate Spokesperson: CEO credibility declined 12 points to 38%—its biggest drop in nine years, reports Edelman in its 2012 Edelman Trust Barometer, released Jan. 24. On the flip side, trust in regular employees as credible spokespersons rose 16 points from last year’s study. Other trust highlights include: • In 17 of the 25 countries surveyed, government is now trusted by less than half to do what is right. • Traditional media and online search engines are the most trusted sources of information for people searching for general news and information, new product information, news on an environmental crisis and company news.
Quick Study: CEO Cred Suffers Biggest Trust Barometer Dip in 9 Years; Execs: Societal Contribution Must Figure in Company Value
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros