â–¶ Prepare an Alternative Corporate Spokesperson: CEO credibility declined 12 points to 38%—its biggest drop in nine years, reports Edelman in its 2012 Edelman Trust Barometer, released Jan. 24. On the flip side, trust in regular employees as credible spokespersons rose 16 points from last year’s study. Other trust highlights include: • In 17 of the 25 countries surveyed, government is now trusted by less than half to do what is right. • Traditional media and online search engines are the most trusted sources of information for people searching for general news and information, new product information, news on an environmental crisis and company news.
Quick Study: CEO Cred Suffers Biggest Trust Barometer Dip in 9 Years; Execs: Societal Contribution Must Figure in Company Value
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike