â–¶ Support Your Local Reporters: Readers in areas served by community newspapers continue to prefer them as their source of local news and advertising, according to research from the National Newspaper Association. People prefer the printed copy to the online version, with 48% saying they never read the local news online. Other findings include: • 74% of people in communities served by a newspaper with circulations under 15,000 read a local newspaper each week. • Readers are seven times more likely to get their news from their community newspaper than from the Internet. • They prefer to receive advertising through the newspaper (51%) instead of on the Internet (11%).
Quick Study: Community Papers Preferred Source of Local News; Marcom Mergers & Acquisitions to Increase in 2012
You might also be interested in:
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement