Organization: Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) Agency: Peppercom Timeframe: December 2008 - December 2009 Ad Council ads on behalf of the IAVA were distributed to 33,000 media outlets nationwide. Image courtesy of the Ad Council. By 2008, five years after U.S. troops invaded Iraq and seven years after first deploying in Afghanistan, the transition and readjustment challenges that military veterans face when they return from Iraq and Afghanistan had been widely documented.
Case Study: With Returning Veterans in Harm’s Way, PR Goes Into Awareness Battle Mode to Communicate Their Plight
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign