â–¶ Web Ads Most Effective, C-Level Says: Forbes ’ 2009 Advertising Effectiveness study is out, and it shows that advertisers consider digital media an increasingly valuable avenue for improving brand perception.
Forbes polled 112 CMOs and senior level executives on topics ranging from ad networks to e-newsletters to measurement. Among the report’s key findings:
• 43% of respondents said that sponsoring a Web site, page or digital publication is the most effective digital tool when it comes to affecting brand perceptions;
• SEO and e-newsletter marketing are by far the most popular methods of digital marketing among respondents;
• Respondents were least happy with ad networks, with less than half claiming that the results did not meet expectations;
• The success of digital marketing campaigns appear to be measured most frequently by the bottom line, with tangible impact being the most important factor in determining success; and,
• When it comes to behavioral targeting, the strongest concern among respondents was its effectiveness, followed by fear of customer backlash.