â–¶ Benefits Communications Drives Bottom Lines: A strong benefits communications plan can lead to greater employee satisfaction and a stronger bottom line for business, according to a new white paper released by Colonial Life. Key findings include:
• 90% of surveyed employers agree it’s important to their business that employees understand and appreciate their benefits, but only 21% think their employees actually have a good understanding of them.
• 94% are interested in gaining access to resources to help educate employees about benefits.
• 90% said having one-to-one meetings significantly improves employees’ understanding of their benefits.
• 85% of surveyed employees feel happy about their benefits enrollment when their employer gives them all the resources needed to make informed decisions.
• Employers can expect to realize key business and competitive advantages when they implement a strong benefits communications and education program, including decreased turnover, enhanced recruiting, increased enrollments, reduced benefits administration, more engaged and loyal employees and improved productivity.
Source: Colonial Life