Customer Relations: Can't Get No Satisfaction
Customer service is a big deal, and it's not a responsibility to be overlooked or shunned by communicators. That point is made all the more emphatically by a survey from Genesys, which revealed that, while customer service has improved from three years ago, key pockets of frustration still remain. Among the findings:
- More than 75% of the 4,300+ surveyed consumers said that they would give more business to a company based on a great contact center experience, indicating that customer service is a key driver of profitability and satisfaction;
- 76% believe that companies are pushing them to use self-service systems instead of talking to live people;
- 52% are frustrated by having to repeat information they've already provided;
- Rather than waiting on hold, 74% of customers would like to have the option to ask for a call back;
- 86% want e-mail communication, and more than 45% would like e-mail to become their primary communication vehicle; and,
- More than 89% would like to receive proactive communications from companies, by phone or text, regarding products or services of interest to them.