The Internet is a twitter this month about a job posting for a social media manager for Britney Spears. While it’s certainly a newsworthy announcement for us social media types, it shouldn’t come as a surprise given that Britney is big business. The pop star rakes in nearly $9 million a year and the entire Britney Spears industry generates between $120 and $150 million annually. A company of that size in a fan-based business without an online component would be reckless, and someone needs to be in charge of it all. (See also: Is Kanye West really that prolific a blogger?
Yes, Britney Spears Is Setting a Good Example: Three Must-Have Social Media Skills for 2009
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016