The Internet is a twitter this month about a job posting for a social media manager for Britney Spears. While it’s certainly a newsworthy announcement for us social media types, it shouldn’t come as a surprise given that Britney is big business. The pop star rakes in nearly $9 million a year and the entire Britney Spears industry generates between $120 and $150 million annually. A company of that size in a fan-based business without an online component would be reckless, and someone needs to be in charge of it all. (See also: Is Kanye West really that prolific a blogger?
Yes, Britney Spears Is Setting a Good Example: Three Must-Have Social Media Skills for 2009
You might also be interested in:
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter