The Internet is a twitter this month about a job posting for a social media manager for Britney Spears. While it’s certainly a newsworthy announcement for us social media types, it shouldn’t come as a surprise given that Britney is big business. The pop star rakes in nearly $9 million a year and the entire Britney Spears industry generates between $120 and $150 million annually. A company of that size in a fan-based business without an online component would be reckless, and someone needs to be in charge of it all. (See also: Is Kanye West really that prolific a blogger?
Yes, Britney Spears Is Setting a Good Example: Three Must-Have Social Media Skills for 2009
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Steps to Help Coordinate a Crisis Response in a Large Corporation
- How to Use Social and Traditional Media to Promote Your White Paper
- Tips and Tricks to Use Facebook's New Live Video Feature to Boost Brand Engagement
- A Job for Communicators: Just 47% of Workers Receive Diversity Training
- 6 Tips to Gain Employee and Stakeholder Buy-In for CSR Success