The Internet is a twitter this month about a job posting for a social media manager for Britney Spears. While it’s certainly a newsworthy announcement for us social media types, it shouldn’t come as a surprise given that Britney is big business. The pop star rakes in nearly $9 million a year and the entire Britney Spears industry generates between $120 and $150 million annually. A company of that size in a fan-based business without an online component would be reckless, and someone needs to be in charge of it all. (See also: Is Kanye West really that prolific a blogger?
Yes, Britney Spears Is Setting a Good Example: Three Must-Have Social Media Skills for 2009
You might also be interested in:
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns