Company: Comcast Timeframe: Feb. 2008-Present Comcast, the cable services giant based in Philadelphia, has a reputation for being a leader in social media in the customer service space. The Comcast Cares Twitter account is widely known for providing personal and often instant feedback to customer concerns. In early 2008, Shauna Causey, PR manager at Comcast’s Seattle branch, took a close look at Comcast-funded nonprofit organizations. Only one out of the 20 was using social media tactics.
Case Study: Nonprofit Orgs Learn Social Media via Comcast-supported Training Program
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign