Drawing on the resounding success of the Wolf Trap Foundation/Booz Allen Hamilton team’s environmental stewardship campaign, Booz Allen associate Katrina Tavanlar offers the following best practices to communications professionals attempting similar initiatives: • Seek active and visible leadership support. Internal greening initiatives are more easily accepted by employees when there is leadership supporting, acknowledging and rewarding efforts. • Go beyond educational campaigns and look at true behaviorial change using social marketing techniques. Education and awareness is the first step to true behaviorial change. The next phase for organizations in meeting environmental and communication goals and objectives is looking at the barriers and incentives for adopting specific environmental behaviors (i.
BEST PRACTICES FOR LAUNCHING AN ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP CAMPAIGN
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign