Based on the success of the “Science Matters!” campaign alone, Discovery Communications would be considered a leader in public affairs and communications efforts, but the company never stops raising the bar: In June 2008, Discovery launched a new network, Planet Green, with overwhelmingly positive results. Annie Howell, senior vice president of communications and public affairs for Discovery Communications, discussed the campaign—and the company’s overall approach to communications—in CableFAX: The Magazine’s 2009 CableFAXIES Awards issue (CableFAX is a sister publication of PR News). Here’s what CableFAX’s PR Exec of the Year had to say: How did launching Planet Green compare to your previous roles at Discovery? Howell: Launching Planet Green tapped into every communications skill I have learned during these past two decades—from leading a team and developing strategy to writing, pitching and executing events as well as working hand in glove with the GM, production and marketing to build the brand, develop content and put together a board of advisers and partnerships with a dozen NGOs.
Discovery Education: Doubling the Fun with a Product Launch
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign