Winner: AMD Technograffiti at SXSWi 2013
At SXSWi 2013, AMD hosted its own showcase, AMD Technograffiti, a digital underground event aimed at press, social media influencers, gaming enthusiasts, channel customers and AMD employees. The event had three main attractions, positioned as the “kings” of the PC industry: content, software and form factor.
Awareness and promotion of the event was conducted on social media to reflect the digital nature of Technograffiti. Leading up to and during the event, content about AMD software and form factors was pushed out on a regular basis across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and corporate blogs. To manage cohesive social storytelling, AMD created a detailed content calendar to guide digital activities for the event containing a mix of multimedia: videos, photos, third-party content and how-to guides. In addition, AMD held a social media sweepstakes on-site at the event and online to increase awareness. Social media coverage continued in the days following the event with videos, photos and wrap-up posts shared across social channels.
Media coverage resulted in a total of 30.8 million reader impressions, and international pickup as well (two articles were written in Hungarian, for example) and 13.5 million social impressions. Also, in comparison to competitors, AMD had the dominant share of voice on social media during SXSWi with 75%. Intel was a distant second at 22% and NVIDIA third at 3%.
- Consumer Electronics Association - PR Campaign for the 2013 International CES
- GolinHarris for Nintendo of America - Nintendo “Drives” Mario Kart 7 to a New Dimension
- Kodak Graphic Communications Group - Yellow Changes Everything: Kodak Develops a New Strategy at drupa 2012
- Macy’s - 86th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Stein IAS - Trelleborg: The Institute of Contemporary Print