One of the primary goals of any crisis communications strategy is to minimize the impact of the crisis on sales and stakeholder opinion. Successful crisis management largely depends on reaction speed and developing a planned, blended solution with a sustained communication approach. Consider the following five-phase process: Prepare, Alert, Communicate/Educate, Rebuild and Reward. Beyond the critical prepare, alert and communications phases lies the important road of rebuilding consumer confidence—either in an industry or for a specific product or service—and reestablishing brand reputation. Post-crisis, companies overlook important opportunities to continue engaging with their loyal customer base and regaining trust.
Tip Sheet: Beyond the Crisis—Rebuilding and Rebranding
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros