In its first outreach ever to consumers, ID fraud solutions company ID Analytics created this online tool that allows visitors to generate an ID score upon entering personal information. Image courtesy of Schwartz Communications Company: ID Analytics Agency: Schwartz Communications Timeframe: May 2009 - Present Identity fraud sparks great trepidation among consumers and businesses alike. In 2009 the number of identity fraud cases increased by more than 22% from the year before and cost consumers and businesses more than $40 billion. There were 50,000 articles on the topic that year, hyping fear and consumers’ risk, although according to Javelin Strategy & Research, less than 4% of consumers actually fell victim to ID fraud. While the number of identity fraud victims decreased 28% in 2010 from the prior year, there are still millions of people at risk to identity fraud, particularly due to increased use of the Web as a buying tool.
Case Study: Cool Online Tool and Data-Driven Stories Help Longtime B2B Company Reach Consumers for the First Time
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign