To highlight the challenges of recycling plastic bags, Save the Bay executive director David Lewis and GreenTeam recycling plant manager Virginia Palafox face the media at a press conference in San Jose. Photo courtesy of Save the Bay Company: Save the Bay Agency: Free Range Studios, Q Consulting Timeframe: April - Sept. 2009 The San Francisco Bay, renowned for its natural beauty, iconic cityscapes and green-minded citizens, absorbs more than 1 million plastic bags every year, spoiling water quality and threatening the ecosystem’s wildlife. To spur a changing of the tides, Save the Bay, a nonprofit dedicated to protecting the Golden Gate’s waterways, launched “The Bay vs. The Bag” campaign in April 2009 to significantly reduce plastic bag pollution in the Bay Area.
Case Study: Bay Area Nonprofit Bag Effort Is Anything But Static, Embracing Viral Video and Bloggers to Save S.F. Bay
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign