Company: Travelocity Agency: Vollmer PR Timeframe: Dec. 2008 - Sept. 2009 The recession might have sent leisure travel into the doldrums, but that doesn’t stop the Gnome. Beginning in June 2009, Travelocity’s iconic garden ornament traveled the nation to raise awareness of the travel bargains that could be had during down times. MIXED DATA Travelocity’s “Summer of Possibilities” tour was sparked by some alarming data, courtesy of the economic downturn: A December 2008 Travelocity poll showed that one-third of consumers planned to decrease travel in the coming year, with 48% saying they didn’t plan to vacation at all in 2009.
Case Study: When in Gnome: Integrated Campaign Follows Travelocity Figurehead on a Cross-Country Adventure
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign