Company: Travelocity Agency: Vollmer PR Timeframe: Dec. 2008 - Sept. 2009 The recession might have sent leisure travel into the doldrums, but that doesn’t stop the Gnome. Beginning in June 2009, Travelocity’s iconic garden ornament traveled the nation to raise awareness of the travel bargains that could be had during down times. MIXED DATA Travelocity’s “Summer of Possibilities” tour was sparked by some alarming data, courtesy of the economic downturn: A December 2008 Travelocity poll showed that one-third of consumers planned to decrease travel in the coming year, with 48% saying they didn’t plan to vacation at all in 2009.
Case Study: When in Gnome: Integrated Campaign Follows Travelocity Figurehead on a Cross-Country Adventure
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign