Company: Puget Sound Energy Agency: Colehour + Cohen Timeframe: March - Nov. 2009 In 2008 and into 2009, as the economy soured and green initiatives and public interest in conservation grew, Washington state-based Puget Sound Energy looked to trumpet energy issues and position itself as a trusted resource and advocate for energy efficiency. The company provides power to more than 100 cities and towns in 11 Washington state counties, serving more than 1.1 million electric customers, and close to 750,000 gas customers. But in 2009, a marketing/communications initiative would both energize and empower the communities it serves far beyond the kilowatts the company provides.
Case Study: PR Outreach Helps Drive Utility Company’s Ambitious Energy Reduction Campaign—With Electrifying Results
You might also be interested in:
- PR News/Nasdaq Survey: Nearly One-Fifth of Communicators Shun Measurement Entirely
- Where Does PR Stand on Paid Social Media? Survey Shows Ambivalence About Spending
- Secret to Acing a PR Job Interview
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Reporting and Measurement Process
- 10 Tips for Faster, More Effective Internal Crisis Communications When Time Is of the Essence