Organization: Zoo New England Agency: Rasky Baerlein Timeframe: July-November 2009 On July 11, 2009, a war between government and a private nonprofit organization hit Boston, setting off fireworks that might have rivaled those in the Battle of Bunker Hill. The governor of Massachusetts, Deval Patrick, announced that state funding of Zoo New England (ZNE), the private corporation that operates Franklin Park Zoo in Boston and Stone Zoo in Stoneham, Mass., would be drastically reduced—from $6.5 million to $2.5 million.
Case Study: Baby Giraffe and PR Help Solve Zoo Budget Impasse While Curbing Outcry Over Threat of Animal Sacrifices
You might also be interested in:
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement