Organization: Zoo New England Agency: Rasky Baerlein Timeframe: July-November 2009 On July 11, 2009, a war between government and a private nonprofit organization hit Boston, setting off fireworks that might have rivaled those in the Battle of Bunker Hill. The governor of Massachusetts, Deval Patrick, announced that state funding of Zoo New England (ZNE), the private corporation that operates Franklin Park Zoo in Boston and Stone Zoo in Stoneham, Mass., would be drastically reduced—from $6.5 million to $2.5 million.
Case Study: Baby Giraffe and PR Help Solve Zoo Budget Impasse While Curbing Outcry Over Threat of Animal Sacrifices
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016