Organization: Zoo New England Agency: Rasky Baerlein Timeframe: July-November 2009 On July 11, 2009, a war between government and a private nonprofit organization hit Boston, setting off fireworks that might have rivaled those in the Battle of Bunker Hill. The governor of Massachusetts, Deval Patrick, announced that state funding of Zoo New England (ZNE), the private corporation that operates Franklin Park Zoo in Boston and Stone Zoo in Stoneham, Mass., would be drastically reduced—from $6.5 million to $2.5 million.
Case Study: Baby Giraffe and PR Help Solve Zoo Budget Impasse While Curbing Outcry Over Threat of Animal Sacrifices
You might also be interested in:
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter