Company: Belk Agency: Panorama Public Relations Timeframe: January-March 2009 Belk, Inc., a national department store chain focused in the South, has a loyal following and a classic reputation (it was founded in 1888), but, competitively, it needs to stay on the fashion forefront to continue to attract consumers. In order to stay current, Belk has relied on Panorama Public Relations (PPR) since 2007 to refresh its image as a source of fashion advice and must-have trends. To accomplish this, the agency has run seasonal “fashion media tours,” a series of personal press meetings through 16 states that included detailed fashion forecasting and beauty giveaways. Starting in January 2009, the sixth tour, “Spring 2009 Fashion Preview,” would attempt to not only further reinforce a favorable perception of Belk’s fashion offerings within the media, but expand its reach in new key markets.
Case Study: Agency Shines Fashion Spotlight On Dept. Store Chain
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign