Company: Belk Agency: Panorama Public Relations Timeframe: January-March 2009 Belk, Inc., a national department store chain focused in the South, has a loyal following and a classic reputation (it was founded in 1888), but, competitively, it needs to stay on the fashion forefront to continue to attract consumers. In order to stay current, Belk has relied on Panorama Public Relations (PPR) since 2007 to refresh its image as a source of fashion advice and must-have trends. To accomplish this, the agency has run seasonal “fashion media tours,” a series of personal press meetings through 16 states that included detailed fashion forecasting and beauty giveaways. Starting in January 2009, the sixth tour, “Spring 2009 Fashion Preview,” would attempt to not only further reinforce a favorable perception of Belk’s fashion offerings within the media, but expand its reach in new key markets.
Case Study: Agency Shines Fashion Spotlight On Dept. Store Chain
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign