Company: Del Monte Foods Agency: Grand Central Marketing Timeframe: Summer-Fall 2008 In its messaging, Meow Mix, a Del Monte -owned cat food brand, is well-known for emphasizing an almost psychic connection between pets and their owners. In 2008, seeking to refresh its year-old “Think Like a Cat” campaign for Meow Mix, Del Monte turned to Grand Central Marketing to find new audiences able to see the world through a cat’s eyes. Grand Central has a history with Del Monte, working on several campaigns centered around generously budgeted, attention-getting events. In 2007, Grand Central and Del Monte opened an “Acatemy” in New York, where owners (or “pet parents,” as the brand officially terms them) could come and learn more about their cats. For the 2008 campaign they devised the “Meow Mix Think Like a Cat Game Show,” in which owners and their cats would compete over feline-based trivia for a prize.
Case Study: Meow Mix Promotes Message to ‘Think Like a Cat’ With Celebrity-Driven Media Tour and Branded Game Show
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign