Organization: Iams, Helen Woodward Animal Center Agency: PainePR Timeframe: 2008-2009 There are as many as 8 million homeless pets in the United States, and of those, as many as 4 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year due to overcrowding in shelters and lack of awareness about pet adoption. To increase awareness about pets in shelters, the Helen Woodward Animal Center (HWAC) teamed up with Procter & Gamble Pet Care’s flagship Iams brand over 10 years ago to launch Iams Home 4 the Holidays (IH4TH), a global pet adoption initiative. Since then the IH4TH network has grown to include more than 3,500 pet adoption centers and has helped more than 3 million families adopt pets. For its late 2008 IH4TH campaign, P&G wanted to elevate the Iams cause program to help make a bigger impact on the lives of homeless animals through a holistic effort. The collective team of PainePR (PPR)/Iams/HWAC defined strategies to leverage existing assets, arm animal organizations with materials to promote their adoption efforts and create ways to mobilize Iams loyalists to spread the word about saving the lives of orphaned pets.
Case Study: Animal Passion and a ‘Desperate’ Strategy Drives Pet Adoption Campaign
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016