Plan ahead, map out responses, drill home talking points, create disaster contact sheets, etc. We all know how to prepare, yet we’re still often caught completely off balance by potential PR disasters: an extremely off-putting video on YouTube, mass consumer dissatisfaction and hysteria stemming from a contest gone wrong or even a poorly worded or thought-out tweet. In our current environment, who’s to tell where and when a crisis will erupt? KEY TACTICS These days, constant vigilance is warranted—but panic is not. In our experiences, we’ve found that some of the following tactics are effective when dealing with a crisis (avoidance is no longer an option): â–¶ Own it.
Flirting With Disaster: How to Take a PR Crisis by the Horns
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016