Plan ahead, map out responses, drill home talking points, create disaster contact sheets, etc. We all know how to prepare, yet we’re still often caught completely off balance by potential PR disasters: an extremely off-putting video on YouTube, mass consumer dissatisfaction and hysteria stemming from a contest gone wrong or even a poorly worded or thought-out tweet. In our current environment, who’s to tell where and when a crisis will erupt? KEY TACTICS These days, constant vigilance is warranted—but panic is not. In our experiences, we’ve found that some of the following tactics are effective when dealing with a crisis (avoidance is no longer an option): â–¶ Own it.
Flirting With Disaster: How to Take a PR Crisis by the Horns
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros