Company: MacPhail Center for Music Agency: Fast Horse Timeframe: 2006-2007 Since 1907, the Minneapolis-based MacPhail Center for Music has been one of the country's most respected--and most understated--music education centers. As the organization's centennial approached, MacPhail's leadership set a new vision for the organization, which focused primarily on moving from its then-current home, an 85-year-old building in disrepair, to a new facility in 2007. MacPhail began working on a number of plans and initiatives for the move. Unfortunately, a series of missteps along the way, from broken deals to canceled contracts, began to cause a high amount of stress within the organization. Local media were even paying attention, calling out several of MacPhail's misguided ventures, causing even more uncertainty and embarrassment.
Case Study: Construction Concerto: Event Marketing & Media Relations Efforts Orchestrate a Groundbreaking Move
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign