Company: MacPhail Center for Music Agency: Fast Horse Timeframe: 2006-2007 Since 1907, the Minneapolis-based MacPhail Center for Music has been one of the country's most respected--and most understated--music education centers. As the organization's centennial approached, MacPhail's leadership set a new vision for the organization, which focused primarily on moving from its then-current home, an 85-year-old building in disrepair, to a new facility in 2007. MacPhail began working on a number of plans and initiatives for the move. Unfortunately, a series of missteps along the way, from broken deals to canceled contracts, began to cause a high amount of stress within the organization. Local media were even paying attention, calling out several of MacPhail's misguided ventures, causing even more uncertainty and embarrassment.
Case Study: Construction Concerto: Event Marketing & Media Relations Efforts Orchestrate a Groundbreaking Move
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign