Best Practices for Writing Media Center Content
• Utilize a robust content management system; consider using blog publishing platforms as a content-management system for media centers.
• Train content team on integration of SEO best practices for media kits, releases, etc.
• Optimize template for search.
• Integrate multimedia throughout—utilize YouTube (and other platforms) to extend footprint.
• Develop a compelling narrative by aggregating third-party content and providing commentary.
• Maximize information accessibility: Embed search tool to navigate the site content. Provide gallery of fact sheets. Include Web 2.0 contact information (IM/Twitter/etc.). Make all information available via RSS.
Source: Andrew Barnett, director of Fleishman-Hillard Digital.
You might also be interested in:
- Want to Generate Bad PR and Social 'Dislikes?' Here's General Mills' Strategy
- Integrating Creative Design and Traditional PR Techniques
- Anatomy of a Brilliant Communications Rollout for Mad Men's Final Season
- How To Avoid an On-Camera Meltdown
- Letterman's Legacy: Top 10 Favorite PR Pros in Movies and TV