Best Practices for Writing Media Center Content
• Utilize a robust content management system; consider using blog publishing platforms as a content-management system for media centers.
• Train content team on integration of SEO best practices for media kits, releases, etc.
• Optimize template for search.
• Integrate multimedia throughout—utilize YouTube (and other platforms) to extend footprint.
• Develop a compelling narrative by aggregating third-party content and providing commentary.
• Maximize information accessibility: Embed search tool to navigate the site content. Provide gallery of fact sheets. Include Web 2.0 contact information (IM/Twitter/etc.). Make all information available via RSS.
Source: Andrew Barnett, director of Fleishman-Hillard Digital.
You might also be interested in:
- Taco Bell 'Blacks Out' Its Social Media Presence to Promote a New App
- Taylor Swift Backlash Could Be a Case of No Such Thing as Bad Publicity
- Facebook Wants to Host Publishers' Content Directly on Its Mobile App
- Crisis Communications at Work in NYC Ebola Case
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Can Speak Fluent Mandarin