Finding a Good Company Expert/Spokesperson
When selecting your company expert, select an individual who:
• Is open to talking to print and broadcast media;
• Has unique industry experiences;
• Possesses a good understanding of the company—its mission, vision and goals;
• Offers exceptional industry knowledge and insights;
• Is well spoken and/or comfortable in the spotlight; and
• Displays confidence and charisma.
These tips were written by Jennifer Manocchio, VP of Sweeney, a full-service marketingi and PR agency. A larger version of this article will appear in the upcoming PR News' Media Training Guidebook. Check PRNewsonline for updates.
You might also be interested in:
- NFL’s New Domestic Violence Policy: From Bad PR, a Second Try
- 5 Mistakes That Guarantee a Journalist Will Never Talk to You Again
- The Ice Bucket Challenge: PR Takeaways From a Sensation
- 4 Tips for Effective Integrated Marketing Messages
- 8 Questions to Ask to Determine If You're Producing 'Quality' Content