Finding a Good Company Expert/Spokesperson
When selecting your company expert, select an individual who:
• Is open to talking to print and broadcast media;
• Has unique industry experiences;
• Possesses a good understanding of the company—its mission, vision and goals;
• Offers exceptional industry knowledge and insights;
• Is well spoken and/or comfortable in the spotlight; and
• Displays confidence and charisma.
These tips were written by Jennifer Manocchio, VP of Sweeney, a full-service marketingi and PR agency. A larger version of this article will appear in the upcoming PR News' Media Training Guidebook. Check PRNewsonline for updates.
You might also be interested in:
- 'Who Needs Media Relations? I Can Reach My Audience via Social' & Other Misperceptions
- 4 Key Metrics for Measuring Media Coverage
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 8 Ways to Create Thankfulness and Cheer Year-Round
- How AARP and its Agency Created the Year of the Boomer