Finding a Good Company Expert/Spokesperson
When selecting your company expert, select an individual who:
• Is open to talking to print and broadcast media;
• Has unique industry experiences;
• Possesses a good understanding of the company—its mission, vision and goals;
• Offers exceptional industry knowledge and insights;
• Is well spoken and/or comfortable in the spotlight; and
• Displays confidence and charisma.
These tips were written by Jennifer Manocchio, VP of Sweeney, a full-service marketingi and PR agency. A larger version of this article will appear in the upcoming PR News' Media Training Guidebook. Check PRNewsonline for updates.
You might also be interested in:
- Using Media Elements to Rebrand Environmental Group
- 6 Ways to Make Brand Journalism Work for You
- Frito-Lay Crowdsources Potato Chip Flavors, But One Detail Might be a Buzzkill
- Stephen Colbert Generates Positive PR for Authors—and Himself—in Hachette-Amazon Dispute
- PR Lessons from a Growing Meat Scandal