Good PR is Viral PR
“After we placed our initial stories on CVS Caremark’s mature worker initiatives with publications such as The Christian Science Monitor, Time and the Boston Globe, other media outlets began seeing these stories and coming to us to do their own version of the story. In effect, the stories we placed were doing the PR for us,” he says. “We also proactively used the media clips in our pitches to encourage other outlets to do a similar story tailored to their unique audience. We made sure we pitched the coverage to outlets that weren’t competitors, such as pitching print stories to broadcast media and trade stories to regional daily newspapers.”
You might also be interested in:
- 3 Brands Using Earth Day 2014 to Showcase Their Environmental Efforts
- Case Study: Augmented Reality Helps Change Perception of Norfolk, Va.
- Communications is the Key to Stability in C-level Turnover
- Want to Generate Bad PR and Social 'Dislikes?' Here's General Mills' Strategy
- Integrating Creative Design and Traditional PR Techniques