Media relations may be the foundation on which public relations was built, but oh how times have changed. Disintermediation, increased public scrutiny, consumer-generated media, stakeholder empowerment - you name it and it has probably affected the way PR executives communicate their messages to the media - and, subsequently, to their target audiences. But just as new communications platforms have developed to complicate the landscape, new methods of aligning messages with organizational goals have emerged. Hence, message mapping. Message maps are communications tools that set a framework for the creation of key messages.
Mapping Your Message: The Key To Telling A Media Relations Success Story
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Steps to Help Coordinate a Crisis Response in a Large Corporation
- How to Use Social and Traditional Media to Promote Your White Paper
- Tips and Tricks to Use Facebook's New Live Video Feature to Boost Brand Engagement
- A Job for Communicators: Just 47% of Workers Receive Diversity Training
- 6 Tips to Gain Employee and Stakeholder Buy-In for CSR Success