Vice President Dick Cheney's now-infamous hunting expedition and subsequent fallout has brought the importance of media training spokespeople to the forefront of the PR profession. His communications teams' laundry list of faux pas - including a late release of the story and inappropriate jokes during press conferences - offers a prime example of what not to do in a crisis situation. And while publicity of that magnitude may be the exception rather than the rule, it's a stark reminder of media training's essential role in any executive portfolio.
PR Leaders Offer Hands-On Insight For Media Training Strategies
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Lamaze Uses Real Stories to Deliver More Relevant Content And Help Women Make Right Birth Choices
- Digital Technology: Uncomplicated, But Oh So Frustrating; Brands Must Take Additional Pains To Build Up Character
- How To Adopt the 5 Gospels of News Writing
- Strategic Corporate Giving: Laser-Like Focus Sparks Solid PR Results
- Communicators Play Key Role In Reinvention of Sales and Marketing