When a crisis erupts, the communications team goes to ground, huddling in the "war room," the "command center." From this hub, PR leadership can call the shots, watching as the story unfolds and adjusting communications strategy moment to moment. The modern war room is thoughtfully outfitted. Technology plays a role, documents are a must, staffing is a critical factor and then there are the little things. Stock the fridge with sodas; you may be in here for a while.
The Well-Provisioned War Room And Why You Need One
You might also be interested in:
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets