Initially representing the sportfishing industry, in 2010 the American Sportfishing Association began attracting anglers via partnerships, media outreach and PSAs. Image courtesy of First Degree Organization: American Sportfishing Association Agency: First Degree Timeframe: March 2010 - Present For most trade associations, the main objective is to ably represent their member industries through strong lobbying and communication of key issues. But the following is a case of a trade association going one step further, successfully reaching through an advocacy campaign the customers who purchase its members’ fishing products and services—upping membership by more than 1,000%. And while this is a story about fishing, that figure is no “fish story.” The American Sportfishing Association (ASA) is a nonprofit trade association whose members are sportfishing and boating manufacturers and their representatives, independent and chain outdoor retail stores, state fish and wildlife agencies, conservation organizations, federal agencies, and outdoor media groups and journalists.
Case Study: A Web Site Redo and Fully Integrated Marketing and PR Lure Thousands of Anglers to Fishing Advocacy Platform
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros