Dy-no-mite: Eleven-year-old Casey Rogers of Terrell, Texas (center), gets ready to trigger the implosion of Texas Stadium, officially launching the Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Cheddar Explosion campaign. Photo courtesy of Hunter PR Company: Kraft Foods Agency: Hunter PR Timeframe: March - May 2010 The Kraft Macaroni & Cheese launch of its new product, Cheddar Explosion, had all the elements of a compelling campaign: an iconic food brand; Texas Stadium, until recently the home of “America’s Team”; passionate testimonials from moms; and a community minded 11-year-old contest winner, who would get to blow something up. Really, all that was missing was a dog. But yet the key driver of the campaign’s success would not be any of those elements. Instead a social platform that in its own right has become iconic— Facebook —would be the “hub” of the campaign.
Case Study: Kraft and PR Heat Up Mac & Cheese Facebook Fan Page For New Product Launch, With Explosive Results
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign