Lately there has been much talk of the need for PR executives to focus on business “outcomes” rather than on business “outputs.” The ability to demonstrate how PR drives ROI or sales is indeed measurement’s holy grail. In prior years, though, the tools needed to prove such outcomes were lacking. But then came Web analytics. Widely used by marketers to optimize online advertising, Web analytics is what drove budget shifts from traditional advertising to very targeted online ad campaigns, as marketers were able to prove their online outcomes.
Web Analytics: Tying Earned Media Metrics to Business Outcomes
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016