Lately there has been much talk of the need for PR executives to focus on business “outcomes” rather than on business “outputs.” The ability to demonstrate how PR drives ROI or sales is indeed measurement’s holy grail. In prior years, though, the tools needed to prove such outcomes were lacking. But then came Web analytics. Widely used by marketers to optimize online advertising, Web analytics is what drove budget shifts from traditional advertising to very targeted online ad campaigns, as marketers were able to prove their online outcomes.
Web Analytics: Tying Earned Media Metrics to Business Outcomes
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App