As the host of ON24’s Virtual User Experience conference, San Francisco Giants pitcher Brian Wilson told attendees to “Fear the beard, not the technology” in touting ON24’s cloud-based webcasting solutions. Image courtesy of ON24 Company: ON24 Timeframe: Sept. - Dec. 2011 San Francisco Giants pitcher Brian Wilson (not to be confused with the Beach Boy of the same name) is known for his rather peculiar personality. In the 2010 MLB All-Star Game, he wore a pair of bright orange spikes and continued to wear them throughout the season, coloring half of them black with an indelible marker after being fined $1,000 by the National League for non-conforming shoes.
Case Study: Bay Area Cyber-Conference Company Winds Up, Pitches Audience via Quirky Pro Athlete and Virtual Technology
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign