As the host of ON24’s Virtual User Experience conference, San Francisco Giants pitcher Brian Wilson told attendees to “Fear the beard, not the technology” in touting ON24’s cloud-based webcasting solutions. Image courtesy of ON24 Company: ON24 Timeframe: Sept. - Dec. 2011 San Francisco Giants pitcher Brian Wilson (not to be confused with the Beach Boy of the same name) is known for his rather peculiar personality. In the 2010 MLB All-Star Game, he wore a pair of bright orange spikes and continued to wear them throughout the season, coloring half of them black with an indelible marker after being fined $1,000 by the National League for non-conforming shoes.
Case Study: Bay Area Cyber-Conference Company Winds Up, Pitches Audience via Quirky Pro Athlete and Virtual Technology
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016