As the host of ON24’s Virtual User Experience conference, San Francisco Giants pitcher Brian Wilson told attendees to “Fear the beard, not the technology” in touting ON24’s cloud-based webcasting solutions. Image courtesy of ON24 Company: ON24 Timeframe: Sept. - Dec. 2011 San Francisco Giants pitcher Brian Wilson (not to be confused with the Beach Boy of the same name) is known for his rather peculiar personality. In the 2010 MLB All-Star Game, he wore a pair of bright orange spikes and continued to wear them throughout the season, coloring half of them black with an indelible marker after being fined $1,000 by the National League for non-conforming shoes.
Case Study: Bay Area Cyber-Conference Company Winds Up, Pitches Audience via Quirky Pro Athlete and Virtual Technology
You might also be interested in:
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter