The Community Festival at the new Elmhurst Memorial Hospital featured fine Father’s Day family fare, such as musical entertainment and a French farmer’s market. Photo courtesy of Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Organization: Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Timeframe: Dec. 2010 - June 2011 In the highly competitive healthcare market of suburban Chicago—where six hospitals are within six miles of one another—promoting the opening of the new location of a hospital requires going beyond turning on sirens and ambulance lights for a motorcade procession from one location to the next. The new Elmhurst Memorial Hospital created a layered communications approach—via print, radio, broadcast, the Web and social media—around 12 lead-up events to communicate to the surrounding community that it was uprooting to a new, nearby location on June 25, 2011. Throw in having to plan a series of events at a building still under construction and being locked into a less-than-ideal Father’s Day date for a final Community Festival, and you have some PR drama fit for ER or House.
Case Study: Full-Scale PR Campaign Helps Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Survive Transplant to New Facility
You might also be interested in:
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently