It wasn’t just Carnival Cruise Lines that took a reputation hit after the Costa Concordia disaster in Italy: Negative sentiment toward the cruise industry in general rose dramatically, as demonstrated by data from PeopleBrowsr. After filtering close to 210,000 Tweets—deleting posts specific to the tragedy—PeopleBrowsr found that among a substantial number of positive comments, negative posts on the industry spiked on Jan. 14, the day after the sinking occurred.
Ship Crisis Affects Cruise Industry Rep
You might also be interested in:
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Chance of Getting an Op-Ed or Letter Published
- Video Driving Increase in Social Sharing
- Leading the Charge: 5 Steps to Get Salespeople on Board With PR
- How to Find Business Value in Instagram With Minimal Financial Investments
- A 6-Step Foundational Approach to Reputation Management Strategy