It wasn’t just Carnival Cruise Lines that took a reputation hit after the Costa Concordia disaster in Italy: Negative sentiment toward the cruise industry in general rose dramatically, as demonstrated by data from PeopleBrowsr. After filtering close to 210,000 Tweets—deleting posts specific to the tragedy—PeopleBrowsr found that among a substantial number of positive comments, negative posts on the industry spiked on Jan. 14, the day after the sinking occurred.
Ship Crisis Affects Cruise Industry Rep
You might also be interested in:
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets