It wasn’t just Carnival Cruise Lines that took a reputation hit after the Costa Concordia disaster in Italy: Negative sentiment toward the cruise industry in general rose dramatically, as demonstrated by data from PeopleBrowsr. After filtering close to 210,000 Tweets—deleting posts specific to the tragedy—PeopleBrowsr found that among a substantial number of positive comments, negative posts on the industry spiked on Jan. 14, the day after the sinking occurred.
Ship Crisis Affects Cruise Industry Rep
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016