It wasn’t just Carnival Cruise Lines that took a reputation hit after the Costa Concordia disaster in Italy: Negative sentiment toward the cruise industry in general rose dramatically, as demonstrated by data from PeopleBrowsr. After filtering close to 210,000 Tweets—deleting posts specific to the tragedy—PeopleBrowsr found that among a substantial number of positive comments, negative posts on the industry spiked on Jan. 14, the day after the sinking occurred.
Ship Crisis Affects Cruise Industry Rep
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App