Writing content for dissemination via Web channels has little to do with prose, try as the long-form writers among us might to prove otherwise. Verbosity holds little appeal for audiences who consume information online. For communications executives, this means shunning the proverbial epic poem in favor of the 17-syllable haiku. Like it or not, this is the only way to deliver key messages to stakeholders, as Web platforms--specifically search engines--suffer from attention-deficit disorder; the more they have to read, the less they'll comprehend. Thus, optimization is critical.
Short and Sweet: Writing & Optimizing Web Content = An Exercise in Discretion
You might also be interested in:
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Chance of Getting an Op-Ed or Letter Published
- Video Driving Increase in Social Sharing
- Leading the Charge: 5 Steps to Get Salespeople on Board With PR
- How to Find Business Value in Instagram With Minimal Financial Investments
- A 6-Step Foundational Approach to Reputation Management Strategy