Writing content for dissemination via Web channels has little to do with prose, try as the long-form writers among us might to prove otherwise. Verbosity holds little appeal for audiences who consume information online. For communications executives, this means shunning the proverbial epic poem in favor of the 17-syllable haiku. Like it or not, this is the only way to deliver key messages to stakeholders, as Web platforms--specifically search engines--suffer from attention-deficit disorder; the more they have to read, the less they'll comprehend. Thus, optimization is critical.
Short and Sweet: Writing & Optimizing Web Content = An Exercise in Discretion
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros