Screening Job Candidates on Social Networks
• 9% of hiring managers don’t currently use social networking sites to screen potential employees, but plan to start;
• Of those who screen via social networks, 34% report finding content that caused them to dismiss the candidate from consideration.
Top areas for concern among hiring managers include:
• 41%: candidate posted information about them drinking or using drugs
• 40%: candidate posted provocative or inappropriate photographs or information
• 29%: candidate had poor communication skills
• 28%: candidate bad-mouthed their previous company or fellow employee
• 27%: candidate lied about qualifications
• 22%: candidate used discriminatory remarks related to race, gender, religion, etc.
• 22%: candidate’s screen name was unprofessional
• 21%: candidate was linked to criminal behavior
You might also be interested in: