User Generated Content is Surpassing Publisher’s Content
This influx of information coupled with content generated by various outlets within an organization can lead to potentially embarrassing contradictions. To avoid this, Dunay suggests appointing a steward for all content within your organization. He also suggests funneling the right content into the right medium. To ensure information is useful to users, BearingPoint launched the data management blog New Thinking for a Changing World, which is syndicated via RSS, social media, podcasts, radio and partnering with events. As the blog touts, information isn’t currency unless it’s current.
Dunay further suggests monitoring viewers’ content consumption to further build relationships with them by e-mailing relevant content and sending invitations to relevant events rather than blasting mass e-mails. In this way, you will nurture leads instead of focusing solely on metrics. The key, he says, is to be the content that interests viewers, not that interrupts them. Once you achieve this, marketers will invest in your brand.
You might also be interested in:
- 3 Super Bowl Messaging Strategies for Brands That Didn't Buy a TV Ad
- 5 Ways to Improve Google Search Rankings for Your Content
- #GoDaddyPuppy Wins Super Bowl Ad Awareness War Four Days Before Kickoff
- Twitter Launches Group Direct Messages and Video Capture & Editing
- How to Sharpen Your Email Delivery