Study Shows Many Americans Suffer from E-mail Addiction
• 23% said they check their e-mail as soon as they wake up, followed by right when they get home from work (11%) and right after dinner (9%);
• 60% said they’ve never gone more than five days without checking e-mail and 17% can’t go more than one day without e-mail;
• E-mail is on people’s minds even on weekends and vacation; 62% of at-work e-mail users said they check their work e-mail over a typical weekend, and 19% check e-mail five or more times in a weekend. 28% said they feel obligated to check work e-mail while on vacation, and 19% choose vacation spots with e-mail access;
• 41% of mobile e-mail users said they keep their cell phones near them when they sleep so they can hear when a new e-mail comes in.
Source: AOL Mail
You might also be interested in:
- How to Build Thought Leadership That Drives Business Goals
- Will Twitter's 'Buy' Button Hasten the Marriage of PR and Marketing?
- 5 Tips to Tell a Compelling Brand Story on Social Media
- Party City Gets a Dressing-Down for Facebook Censorship
- 5 Ways FedEx's Media Team Delivers Its Brand Story on Instagram