Social Media Marketing Best Practices
“From a best practices standpoint, providing the brand’s assets for consumers to enjoy and develop further should be done in a manner that promotes safe environments, but that gives consumers freedom to drive campaigns virally and is also tied to the media buy,” says Reggie Bradford, CEO of Vitrue, the social media marketing agency that partnered with Ben & Jerry’s on its “Imagine Whirled Peace” campaign. He offers these additional best practices:
• Strategic integration: Tie the social media initiative to long-term strategy.
• Experience: Create a compelling end-user experience.
• Distribution: Ensure that the experience can be easily shared.
• Safety: Guarantee that the company can brand the content that’s being posted.
• Ownership: Make sure the brand owns valuable assets and can repurpose them across platforms.
You might also be interested in:
- Where Does PR Stand on Paid Social Media? Survey Shows Ambivalence About Spending
- Social Media Engagement on Video Posts Soars 163 Percent in 2015
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Reporting and Measurement Process
- 55% of PR Pros Rate Their Data Analysis Expertise as Fair or Poor
- Hacker Gives NY Mag Cosby Cover Unexpected PR Boost