Social Media Marketing Best Practices
“From a best practices standpoint, providing the brand’s assets for consumers to enjoy and develop further should be done in a manner that promotes safe environments, but that gives consumers freedom to drive campaigns virally and is also tied to the media buy,” says Reggie Bradford, CEO of Vitrue, the social media marketing agency that partnered with Ben & Jerry’s on its “Imagine Whirled Peace” campaign. He offers these additional best practices:
• Strategic integration: Tie the social media initiative to long-term strategy.
• Experience: Create a compelling end-user experience.
• Distribution: Ensure that the experience can be easily shared.
• Safety: Guarantee that the company can brand the content that’s being posted.
• Ownership: Make sure the brand owns valuable assets and can repurpose them across platforms.
You might also be interested in:
- Facebook Testing a Dedicated Video Feed That Could Challenge YouTube
- 4 Ways Southwest Tried to Keep 'Luv' Alive Amid System Breakdown
- How Nissan and its Agency Got Deadmau5 to Fall in Love With The GT-R
- Twitter's 'Moments' Packages Trending Stories, But Is a No-Pitch Zone
- 6 Ways PR Pros Can Prepare For Facebook's “Dislike” Button