Microsoft Finally Gives Up On Yahoo
Back on Feb 1, Microsoft went public with a $44.6 billion dollar bid for Yahoo, which would have instantly created a dominant force in the surging online advertising space. Yet despite raising its bid by nearly $5 billion, Microsoft will come away empty handed as Yahoo's executives were said to be seeking a higher price for the embattled company. And perhaps surprisingly, Microsoft has elected not to go hostile in its acquisition attempt, and is instead electing to simply move on.
For more information and history of the negotiations between Yahoo and Microsoft, check out Fox Business.
You might also be interested in:
- How FCC’s Proposed Internet Rules Will Impact Communicators
- Here’s Why Facebook's New Ad Network Accelerates a Trend That's Transforming PR
- PR Tips on Getting the Word Out Through a Visual Medium
- 3 Brands Using Earth Day 2014 to Showcase Their Environmental Efforts
- Case Study: Augmented Reality Helps Change Perception of Norfolk, Va.