When Robert Scoble, former member of the Channel 9 MSDN team (Microsoft's discussion forum used to promote conversations among Windows users), announced he would be leaving the corporation to join Podtech.net as VP of media development, the news spread in a rather ... untraditional way. It was 2003, and he was speaking at a relatively small industry event. During a casual Saturday morning discussion, he told approximately 15 people that he would be leaving his post, asking them to keep the news quiet until Tuesday, when he would be making a formal announcement.
Listen Up: The Blogosphere’s Golden Boy Schools PR On Digital’s Inside Track
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App