When Robert Scoble, former member of the Channel 9 MSDN team (Microsoft's discussion forum used to promote conversations among Windows users), announced he would be leaving the corporation to join Podtech.net as VP of media development, the news spread in a rather ... untraditional way. It was 2003, and he was speaking at a relatively small industry event. During a casual Saturday morning discussion, he told approximately 15 people that he would be leaving his post, asking them to keep the news quiet until Tuesday, when he would be making a formal announcement.
Listen Up: The Blogosphere’s Golden Boy Schools PR On Digital’s Inside Track
You might also be interested in:
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Chance of Getting an Op-Ed or Letter Published
- Video Driving Increase in Social Sharing
- Leading the Charge: 5 Steps to Get Salespeople on Board With PR
- How to Find Business Value in Instagram With Minimal Financial Investments
- A 6-Step Foundational Approach to Reputation Management Strategy