It wasn’t just Carnival Cruise Lines that took a reputation hit after the Costa Concordia disaster in Italy: Negative sentiment toward the cruise industry in general rose dramatically, as demonstrated by data from PeopleBrowsr. After filtering close to 210,000 Tweets—deleting posts specific to the tragedy—PeopleBrowsr found that among a substantial number of positive comments, negative posts on the industry spiked on Jan. 14, the day after the sinking occurred.
Ship Crisis Affects Cruise Industry Rep
You might also be interested in:
- Secret to Acing a PR Job Interview
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Reporting and Measurement Process
- 10 Tips for Faster, More Effective Internal Crisis Communications When Time Is of the Essence
- 3 Ways a B2B Software Company Improved Its Integrated Communications
- Social Media Engagement on Video Posts Soars 163 Percent in 2015