On September 16, 2009, the Humane Society of the United States released a hidden-camera video of cruel conditions inside an egg-supplier to the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) chain, urging viewers to send letters to the CEO of IHOP to implement cage-free egg supplier policies. The questions we ask in this PR News case study almost two months out from that video’s release: What impact did this campaign have online? Did it catch fire? Did it create a groundswell of support? Did it create activity and excitement in others?
IHOP Gets Egg on Its Face After Humane Society Goes on Offensive
You might also be interested in:
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer