At the Boston Rise Up - Give Back! event, youngsters from the Head Start center performed a special cheer for the ESPN Rise Up volunteers and the student athletes involved in the program. Photo courtesy of ESPN Company: ESPN Timeframe: July - October 2011 Schools across America have been suffering from budget cuts that severely limit their ability to offer sports and physical education to their students. To help call attention to this trend, ESPN produced a documentary series in 2011, Rise Up, which shined a spotlight on four communities—impoverished areas of Wellston, Ohio, Chicago, Boston and Seattle—that suffered from such cuts. In the show, the sports network and its local partners worked together to provide state-of-the-art high school athletic facilities—a la Extreme Makeover.
Case Study: Integrated PR Tactics, Internal Communications Help Pay It Forward for ESPN’s Rise Up – Give Back! Campaign
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign