Timberland’s Hortiscope Facebook Quiz pointed consumers to a Virtual Forest to plant virtual trees. The quiz was a popular tab during the week of Arbor Day 2011, drawing more than 36,000 impressions. Photo courtesy of Cone Communications Company: Timberland Agency: Cone Communications Timeframe: Feb. - April 2011 For the past 11 years, leading outdoor footwear and apparel brand Timberland has maintained a long-standing commitment to environmental stewardship by helping to combat deforestation through tree-planting initiatives and sustainable agro-forestry (combining crops with forests). The company’s efforts began in 2001, when it made a pledge to help reforest China’s Horqin Desert.
Case Study: Cone Communications and Timberland Help Consumers Find Their ‘Inner Tree’ With Arbor Day Campaign
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign