Last year Burson-Marsteller launched its Caring Consumer specialty group, comprised of experts in consumer and brand marketing, CSR and corporate reputation, to help build emotional connections between organizations and consumers who care. This launch is just the latest evolution in Burson-Marsteller’s role as an international CSR leader. The agency recently was honored by PR News in its Platinum PR Awards for communications efforts behind client Hormel Foods’ drive to establish itself as a brand that’s committed to sustainability. For instance, B-M developed a CR report for Hormel stakeholders that was supplemented by a Twitter contest that tested one’s knowledge of the company’s sustainable business practices. With Burson-Marsteller’s assistance, Hormel Foods has, since 2009, jumped 10 places on Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens rankings to #30. —SG
2012 CSR Awards: A-List – Burson-Marsteller
You might also be interested in:
- Mike Nichols’ Career Offers Lessons for All Communicators
- Computer Engineer Barbie Needs Men to Fix Her Computer Problems
- Infographic: Why Are People So Bad at Media Pitching?
- 5 Tips for Creating a Measurement Dashboard That Proves and Improves Your Strategy
- Buffalo Bills Mobilize Community for Stadium Snow Removal