[Editor’s Note: This article was excerpted from the book Bold: How to be Brave in Business and Win (Kogan Page, 2011), by Shaun Smith and Andy Milligan. Bold chronicles the brand-building stories of 14 companies, as told by key executives. One such company is Oregon-based Umpqua Bank.] How many banks promise that your visit to their branch will be “the best thing you did all day”? That’s what Umpqua Bank, the self-styled “greatest bank in the world” passionately believes; it thinks banking should be like a great retail experience and even calls its branches “stores” to highlight that belief.
The Bold Ones: Vibrant External and Internal Cultures Drive Brand Success
You might also be interested in:
- How Some Brands Are Taking the Gloom Out of Black Friday
- Facebook Responds to Criticism of 'Safety Check' Disparity
- Coca-Cola, KIND Execs Discuss Link Between Products, CSR and Transparency at PRSA Day 2
- How L'Oreal Paris Used Social Media Holiday to Promote CSR Effort
- How CSR Can Help Your Brand Bond With Gen-Z