â–¶ Customer Service Crucial: Underscoring the importance of a strong PR/customer service link, 61% of Americans report that quality customer service is more important to them in today’s economic environment, and will spend an average of 9% more when they believe a company provides excellent service, according to the American Express Global Customer Service Barometer. Other findings include: • While 37% of Americans believe that companies have increased their focus on providing quality service, 27% feel businesses have not changed their attitude toward customer service and 28% say that companies are paying less attention to good service. • 48% feel companies are helpful but don’t do anything extra to keep their business. Just 24% say companies value their business and will go the extra mile to keep it, and 21% say that companies take their business for granted. • 81% of consumers are far more likely to give a company repeat business after a good service experience, while 52% are unlikely to do business with a company again after a poor experience.
Customers Will Spend More for Great Service; Public’s Perception of Green Brands Decidedly Positive
You might also be interested in:
- 3 Companies Turning Black Friday on its Head
- Facebook Responds to Criticism of 'Safety Check' Disparity
- Coca-Cola, KIND Execs Discuss Link Between Products, CSR and Transparency at PRSA Day 2
- How L'Oreal Paris Used Social Media Holiday to Promote CSR Effort
- How CSR Can Help Your Brand Bond With Gen-Z